Crochet Summer SlippersJune 21, 2014
Even in summer, my feet get cold, so I often wear socks or slippers around the house. These are light, sock-like slippers that are great for warmer weather.
- The free pattern for Pozy Toes Crochet Slippers is on Moogly.
- The green yarn is Red Heart Super Saver (color 0624, Tea Leaf). The off-white yarn is a wool yarn which is also a medium weight yarn, but it was thinner than the acrylic yarn, so the stripes don’t stand out like they should.
- The flowers are crocheted right into the slipper, rather than being sewn on at the end. It’s a neat technique that I haven’t tried before. That being said, I had a heck of a time making them, which might have been because that yarn is so thin or it might have been because the flowers are so small (or a combination of both).
- There are different instructions for the right and left slippers – the slipper body is the same, but the flower pattern is different for the two sides.
- If I get the urge to make another pair, for a different look, I might skip the flowers and stripes and sew on a larger flower at the end.
Not a slipper person? Take a look at these crochet-embellished flip flops!